Tuesday, October 20, 2015

Outlawed Love.....


I had been with her since my memory holds. We were inseparable. I had always fallen for her blonde curls. A cheezz on her face complimented her. I still remember our first touch. It was blazing and then she seemed to melt in me. She eased my pain in my blue hours, added spice to my joyful moments. Her absence at home, even for a day, was unnerving. I had my life planned with her by my side.
Suddenly one day, she was nowhere to be seen. People around had started talking, blaming her of deceit but I was in my own utopic dream to notice this. She was everyone's favorite. How could one event uproot everything!  But obviously, she had vanished from everyone's life now. The blaming fingers were missing her now, but the damage was done.



            I lost my appetite. I dreamt the same dream every night-her fragrance, so alluring, receding till it was non-existent. Many came in my life after that- younger, flamboyant, and tastier if I might dare say. But there was a void she left in me which wasn’t to be filled.
.
.
.
.
And here she was, facing the other side. I had realized that she wasn't to stay. That this meeting might be the only one in ages! My mind kept yelling, “It took you ages and all your might to move on, now you can’t fall again." Yet my innocent heart paced ahead…
I embraced her, let her curls loose, tended her, sprinkled her with the much yearned spice; let her turn crimson in the heat I ignited. Her fragrance wafted and filled the whole house.
At last, I tasted her...
For a brief instant, at least! At last…I had you.
!
!
!
!
!
!
!
!
!
!
!
!
!
!
!
!
!
!
!
Oh my dear Maggi!! Meri Maggi!!

:D :D 


PS: This was published when Nestle maggi was banned in India. Having lived the whole life eating maggi, it was a big shock for many like me. And then one day, I saw a chotu maggi packet buried in the stash in a closet, which triggered this story. 

1 comment:

Your response means a lot to me. Do share your views...